For my first trip to Kauai, I really couldn’t have picked a better resort to stay. Perched right by the beautiful beach along Kauai’s east Coconut Coast, Aston Islander is a resort to be reckoned with. It’s exquisite surroundings of lush green gardens and beach lined with coconut trees aren’t the only thing that make the resort so wonderful though. Aston Islander Resort offers affordable luxury in a great location without breaking the bank!
There is total of 198 rooms available with the option of ocean front views or garden views to pick from that vary slightly in price. We were staying on the top floor which had a view overlooking the resorts lush gardens and partial views of the ocean!
Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised with a lovely welcome note and small chocolate on our beside table. Inside the rooms are exceptionally clean, spacious and provide all the necessities needed to enjoy a comfortable stay. We had tea and coffee facilities available plus a mini fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and extra blankets and pillows in the cupboard if needed.
The balcony had a small table and chairs to sit back and enjoy the view and just relax. And it really was the perfect spot to enjoy the surroundings.
I was overall really pleased with the room size and cleanliness of both the bathroom and the remainder of the room. House keeping was done daily to ensure this, however for privacy reasons the option to not receive any is there too!
There are many great facilities available here to enjoy:
– Free Wifi acros the entire resort and was effienct, reliable and worked on multiple devices.
– They provide complimentarty coffee, tea and freshly made pastries and doughnuts made daily for guests in the morning.
– There is a pool, spa and poolside bar open daily for use. You can swim right up to the bar and order your drinks.
– Guest Laundry is available and pool towels in the lobby for pool use.
– In the lobby, they have a dvd hire machine and for a small price you can hire out dvds to watch in your room and return them when you leave!
– There are a few BBQ’s for guests to use located in the pool area. We popped across to the supermarket nearby Aston Islander and did our own BBQ dinner one night and it was really beautiful being right by the beach and watching the sun sink behind the clouds!
– Free Parking is available which is really great if you are looking to hire a car in Kauai (which I highly recommend you do!!). So many places will charge per night for parking so this was definitely a pleasant surprise when we booked to know that they don’t at Aston Islander.
As previously mentioned, Aston Islander is located practically smack bang in the middle along the East Coast of Kauai. I personally found this location to be great as we could venture north and south of the Island really easily without it being to far of a distance from one side to the other.
Also, a few minutes drive from Aston are a few large supermarkets as well as a street lined with local restaurants and eateries. Olympic Café is great one I recommend for breakfast, lunch OR dinner and there is also a local shrimp station to taste the islands freshest prawns!
I will point out that many of the big name luxury resorts are located down south of Kauai, however it comes with a hefty price tag and really, I don’t think there is just one spot in Kauai that is better than the rest. The entire island has many things to see and do in the north and the south for e.g. the south is great for snorkelling and if you want to visit the Waimea Canyon, however the North have many beautiful and scenic coastal towns, Ke’e beach and Napali Coastline.
There weren’t many things I didn’t like about Aston Islander, it really ticked the box for many different reasons. The staff were very friendly and there were plenty of facilities to enjoy a cosy stay here. Most importantly though, if you are looking for a great value for money resort and at an affordable rate, I do highly recommend Aston Islander. I absolutely wouldn’t hesitate to book a room here again if I were coming back to Kauai!
Check in time: 3:00pm
Check out time: 12:00pm