Luxury hotels really have the power to charm and enchant, and Harbour Grand Kowloon is everything a luxury hotel should be and more. With elegance and class that echoes throughout the property and with beautifully pearly white marbled floor, glistening crystal chandeliers across the ceilings and a staircase that looks straight from Cinderella’s fairy-tale story, you could say Harbour Grand lived up to its ripe reputation.
And that’s not even mentioning the fact the hotel overlooks Victoria Harbour, boasting sweeping views of the sea and city from day to night and views that are certainly worth bragging about. Well played Harbour Grand Kowloon!
Arriving here after a long day and night of airplane travel and feeling rather lethargic, I was pretty eager to get checked in and spend some time relaxing at this beautiful waterfront estate. My eyes just about popped with excitement when we pulled up and I gazed up at our home for the next 5 nights! Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the very friendly doormen and concierge who ushered us straight through the doors into the beautifully decorated lobby where we were checked in almost immediately and shown to our room (yes!).
With 555 contemporary and spacious guest rooms, including 86 suites (with 2 presidential suites) and serviced apartments, this prime property is sure to make every guests’ stay completely memorable. While the rooms vary in degree of luxury, each room boasts interior design inspired by colonial architecture intertwined with soft earthy tones and wooden furnishings.
Each room is inclusive of a TV, study desk with a daily newspaper, full stocked snack bar/fridge (bottled water is complimentary), hair dryer, bathrobes, lounge chair and exclusive bathroom amenities that are replenished daily.
Rooms rates start at approx. 1,190 HK dollars per night in a Courtroom view, however I stayed in a Harbour view room during my visit to Harbour Grand and I do highly recommend paying extra for a great view of Hong Kong Island and the Harbour! It’s really worth it.
Harbour Grand sits by a residential neighborhood in Whampoa on the waterfront and only a short walk to the Whampoa Gourmet Place, where you can find an abundance of specialty and diverse restaurants and unique Hong Kong dining. I even found the shopping wasn’t too bad either.
While the hotel doesn’t sit near tourist hub Tsim Sha Tsui, it can still be conveniently reached in as little as an 8-10 minute drive. Harbour Grand provide complimentary shuttle bus rides every 20 minutes from the hotel to Tsim Sha Tsui daily from 8:00am to 10:40pm. If you would like to walk, it takes about 40 minutes..we did this one day not knowing about the shuttle buses from the hotel but we did enjoy the walk along the promenade anyway!
You can bet Harbour Grand Kowloon offer a great range of dining choices and hotel facilities to suit the needs of its guests accordingly. Here are some:
– Take a dip in the rooftop swimming pool or enjoy a relaxing treatment in the sauna, steam room or spa.
– Keep fit using the fitness center on the 21st floor. There is a wide range of cardiovascular and weight machines to challenge yourself. The gym also looks over the Harbour too and is open from 6:00am to 10:00pm.
– There is a fully equipped business center which provides computers, Wi-Fi, meeting and board rooms, interpretation and secretarial services and mobile phone and laptop rental.
– There are more than 5 restaurants in the hotel alone…for lunch and dinner; guests can select The Harbour Grill for its Continental cuisine or the Robatayaki for traditional Japanese barbecue. Guests can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at The Promenade with sweeping harbor views with a choice of Asian and Western cuisine or at the Corner Café for sandwiches, pastries, and other light treats. The Waterfront Bar and Terrace is open for outdoor dining, drinks, and live music from early afternoon to early morning.
– They offer transportation services for car hire and airport transfers. There is a free airport shuttle bus that runs from the hotel and train station also.
Other services can include the following:
Air ticket confirmation
Visa arrangements for travel in China
Concierge and valet parking services
Mailing and courier services
Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Tsim Sha Tsui
– Although not central to hustle and bustle of Hong Kong, I still loved the location. I discovered some excellent food places in Whampon and it is far less touristy than when you hit Tsim Sha Tsui and Hong Kong Island.
– The bus transfers every 20 minutes to and from Tsim Sha Tsui is super efficient and is only a quick 8-10 minute ride each way.
– Wi-Fi is free and runs across the entire hotel.
– The hotels staff are very friendly, warm and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. This should be expected in such a high ranked hotel establishment like this!
– I loved the special touches the housekeeping made each day e.g. leaving a little flower on the pillows. Small touches like that make a huge difference.
– The views from my room were INCREDIBLE. It’s worth every cent to enjoy a room with panoramic harbour views.
– I used the gym a few times and was very impressed with the variety of gym and weight machines. The gym was also kept very clean.
Although the service standard was tip top at Harbour Grand Kowloon these are just minor things that could be improved…
– Buffet Breakfast costs about Aus $20 per day if it isn’t included when you book online. Quite expensive considering you can walk straight up the street and buy a decent breakfast for as little as $7.
– For some night goers who plan to stay out late in the city, the 10:40pm last shuttle bus run back to the hotel may seem very early. This personally wasn’t an issue for me, however as the proximity of the hotel isn’t nearby this may be an issue for some.
I thoroughly enjoyed living in the luxury of Harbour Grand Kowloon for 5 nights and wouldn’t hesitate to book a room here in the future. For me, I particularly loved the location being slightly away from the overly busy parts of Hong Kong and with the hotel’s free bus services I could very easily get to the hub of it all whenever I wanted to. That said, next time I would also like to stay on Hong Kong island and experience the difference!
The hotel rooms are also very spacious, ultra clean and the beds were nice and comfortable! It’s also not hard to adore the interior layout and designs inside the hotel.
I’d recommend a stay at the Harbour Grand Kowloon for first-time visitors to Hong Kong as well as seasoned Hong Kong lovers. While luxury can come with a price tag, it’s really a fantastic hotel to ensure a comfortable, enjoyable base for your Hong Kong adventure.
Address: 20 Tak Fung Street Whampoa Garden, Hunghom Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone:(+852) 2621 3188
Email & Enquiries:email@example.com
A huge thank you to Grand Harbour Kowloon for welcoming me to Hong Kong to experience their hotel and Hong Kong city!