During my first visit to Mykonos, I was pleasantly surprised and appreciative to be welcomed so warmly to the Myconian K Hotel. Starting our journey off by getting picked up by the hotels taxi after just arriving onto the island by ferry, we were soon anxiety (but exited) heading off to our much awaited accommodation. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by fellow hotel workers waiting outside for our arrival to check us in and almost instantly, lug our (heavy) bags to our rooms for us!
Once checked into our rooms, we were pleased to find our rooms had spectacular sea views with a little balcony and chairs to sit outside! Inside the room, was a double bed, mini fridge, air con, TV and a small single lounge chair. The bathroom was small but enough space to move around and there were beautifully smelly bathroom amenities to be used and were replaced daily as the room service was done. One negative with the bathroom was I found the light shower curtain didn’t stop water from spraying and flooding all over the bathroom floor, as a result making the whole area wet and slippery. This was unpreventable, but only a minor fault 🙂
On a more positive note, I loved the quaint blue and white painted balcony with stunning views across Mykonos and the famous venetian windmills right in central viewpoint. It became habit to sit out on the balcony right by dusk to witness the beautiful sunsets to be seen. This was an impressive and definite highlight of staying here as the views were absolutely gorgeous!
It may have been a lucky coincidence (or maybe the fact I stayed here in May so not quite peak season) that I scored a balcony sea view hotel room but I would strongly suggest if you are looking at booking here that you request or pay the little extra for a room such as this. It will guarantee postcard sunset views that are insanely beautiful and some of the best I have viewed!
Although the room size wasn’t overly spacious, it was just the perfect size room for a two person capacity. The hotel do have a variety of rooms that can include, sea view (one I stayed in), sea view with a Jacuzzi, pool view and superior and luxury rooms.
Hotel & Location
This leading luxury hotel is refreshingly affordable despite the prime location and dazzling features. They provide guests with many services and facilities that can include, a gym and spa room, swimming pool, restaurant, room service, car/quad bike hire, baby sitting and they even go a little extra to provide flower arrangements on request and weddings!
Myconian K I thought was in a great location. Although not entirely central to the midst and hustle bustle of Mykonos town (Chora), it isn’t completely out of the way either. It is only a short walk (10 -15min) to Chora for those wanting to shop and explore Mykonos’s famous alleyways.
However if you wish to stay away from it all, it is very possible to do so at Myconian K. They have a pool and sunbathing area, restaurants and a spa room that are all easily assessable to all guests everyday.
– This hotel offers what are undoubtedly some of the most spectacular views of Mykonos and in the comfort of your own private balcony.. Who wouldn’t want to sit back on your balcony and mesmerise over the enchanting Mykonos sunsets?!
– There was never a shortage of staff, they appeared everywhere and were nothing short of friendly and very welcoming. Any queries or questions they would happily answer, whether at reception, the pool or restaurants area, they were all very helpful, and of course despite the language barrier this was still not an issue.
– The experience I had whilst staying here was exceptional and I had a very comfortable stay. I wouldn’t hesitate to book here again or recommend to family and friends.
– For just a private family run business, they certainly value the needs of their guests and excel in their customer service.
Standard sea view rooms
– rates from 75 euro per night
Standard Sea View Rooms with Outdoor Jacuzzi
– rates from 130 euro per night
Superior Pool View Rooms
– rates from 110 euro per night
Superior Sea View Rooms with Outdoor Jacuzzi
– rates from 110 euro per night
Myconian K Hotels (Kohili-Korali-Kyma-Kalypso) Mykonos Town, Mykonos 84600, P.O. Box 64, Greece Tel: +30 22890 23415+30 22890 23415 Fax: +30 22890 23455
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.khotels.gr